Super delicious, chewy, gooey, crunchy, energy bits…..Do I have your attention? These energy bites are so easy and yummy!
What makes these delicious treats “energy bites”? It’s all the great ingredients that go into them.
- Oats – Along with many other health benefits, oats help you stay energized all day long.
- Flax Seeds – Flax seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. Some believe that flax seeds improve your energy levels and moods. Super good for you!
- Chocolate – Wait a minute….chocolate? Yep! Chocolate is a natural energy booster that contains caffeine.
- Peanut Butter – Contains healthy fats and protein for energy.
- Honey – Honey give you an immediate energy boost and lasts for quite a while, without the sugar crash!
These little no bake energy bites are so yummy and so easy to whip up. They are great to pack in your kids’ lunches for a quick pick-me-up, perfect to eat for a fast breakfast or pop in your mouth for an afternoon snack. The delicious ingredients are sure to please everyone. And the kids won’t even suspect that these are good for them!
So here is how these no bake energy bites.
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the flax seeds, mini chocolate chips, and oats in a bowl.
- Stir in the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Put bowl in freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and put on a plate. Make sure they are not touching each other.
- Put plate into freezer for about 1/2 hr.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
The recipe makes about 20 one inch balls.
I hope you enjoy this wonderfully tasty treat! Enjoy!